Title: Should you move from Objective-C to Swift?
Type: 40min talk
Tags: mobile programming-language
Swift is a shiny new language for iOS development, introduced during WWDC 2014 (June).
We'll try to answer the following questions about Swift:
- Is Swift production ready?
- What is the current state of Swift and its development tools?
- Should you learn Swift or Objective-C if you have no background in iOS development?
- Should you write your next iOS app in swift if you already know Objective-C?
- I have an existing app with an existing Objective-C codebase. Should I:
- Port it entirely to Swift?
- Write new classes in Swift and keep maintaining Objective-C code as is?
- Keep developing it in Objective-C?
- What are some general pros & cons of Objective-C vs. Swift?
- And more...